Helen from Crispy Confessions has nominated me for The Aesthete Blogger Award! Thank you so much for the nomination. Crispy Confessions is a lifestyle blog, and Helen often blogs about writing, books, parenting, and multicultural issues. I find it super interesting to read how a hapa woman is living with her multicultural family. I think a lot of us aren’t aware of the invisible struggles and triumphs that come with it. Check her blog out here.
- Use the official logo/graphic of the award and display it on your blog.
- List the rules.
- Show some love to the one who nominated you!
- Mention the creator (Ashmita@ the Fictional Journal)and link it back to the original post.
- Tell me something about this world that you admire.
- What is your favourite form of creativity?
- Nominate 7 lovely people and notify them by commenting on their posts; spread some love!
- Ask your nominees 4 questions.
- Share something you created. (can be anything!)
What I Admire About This World
Well, it’s not the most conventional answer, but I immediately thought about humour.
I think humour and laughter can change the world. I love humour so much that I spent two years doing a master’s dissertation on it (which ironically sucked the life out of me).
I feel like humour has such power. We can build people up or break them down with it.
What I love about it, specifically stand-up comedy, is how someone can see the humour in the most mundane events or situations. It reminds me that there’s so much to appreciate in the world and it’s not just all doom and gloom.
Having a good sense of humour means you can make someone laugh and make their day. Making someone laugh is the best feeling.
My Favourite Form of Creativity
My favourite form of creativity has always been writing—hence the blog. I enjoy being creative in other ways as well. I’ve dabbled in painting and collages, but writing has always been my favourite.
I also believe that whatever your creative outlet, you don’t have to be good at it to enjoy it. You do you.
My Answers to Helen’s Questions
- What creative pursuit are you currently working on? How is that going?
Right now, I’m struggling just to keep up with weekly blog posts. So, it’s not going great at the moment. We’re immigrating in two months and we’re urgently trying to organise the move and all our stuff.
However, I’ve been working on a YA novel for a couple of years now. It’s mostly done, but I’ve been procrastinating (hard) sending it to publishers. The plan is to do that once we’re settled in Australia.
2. What is your favourite colour and why?
My favourite colour is blue, but with a touch of green, but not completely turquoise. I love this colour because it seems like such a tranquil colour. I also love wearing this colour because it makes my eyes pop.
3. Do you have any special plans for the remainder of this year?
The plans for the rest of the year are to finish my teaching qualification, move to Australia, and try not to lose my mind. Frankly, I think I’m aiming a bit high with that last one.
4. What is your most recent blog post and your inspiration for writing it?
My most recent post (before this one, obviously) was inspired by both creepy and cool guys on Facebook. Basically, I pretended to be my husband when selling stuff on Marketplace, and the men I interacted with were so cool and non-creepy.
Honestly, most of the people I wanted to nominate have been nominated already—so that sucks. However, I invite any readers and bloggers to nominate themselves and tell us more about themselves. I’d love to read your responses.
Questions for My Nominees
- What is a creative project that you worked on for a long time and eventually gave up on? Tell us the story.
- What was the last thing you were super excited about?
- What is the best advice you’ve ever given someone else?
- What is your most recent blog post and your inspiration for writing it?
Something I’ve created
I made the bouquets for my bridesmaids. I thought they looked pretty neat.