I was nominated by Renata from Buffalo Sauce Everywhere (check it out, it’s really cool) to take part in the Hallotober Tag. Since I live in South Africa, we don’t really celebrate Halloween – even though I wish we did! There are a ton of dress-up parties though, and I love me a good dress-up party.
So, in honour of October and Halloween, let me give you a bit of insight on what it’s like to live in this weird and wacky country during Halloween.
- Thank the person who tagged you and link to their post
- Put the rules at the beginning or after the introduction
- Answer the 13 questions
- Tag 13 people to do the tag
- Delete Question 13, add a new number one question of your own
- You are free to use the tag image somewhere in the post
What’s your favourite thing about October?
I love October because it’s my brother’s birthday and we get to spend time with family and eat cake. The weather also starts warming up (Southern hemisphere, remember?) so I can crack out my shorts and show off my pasty white legs and go for a swim.
Are you a big celebrator of Halloween?
I wouldn’t say that I am. If I’m given any reason to dress up, I’m there and I love it!
What’s your favourite horror movie?
I don’t do horror movies – see here.
Would you rather a cosy night in watching horrors or a big night out in a costume?
Since I don’t do horror movies, we go out. I’m not a fan of going out to pubs or clubbing, but Halloween is the exception.
Which has been your most favourite costume to date?
Favourite costume definitely has to be dressing up like grandpa Rick from Rick & Morty. Oh my gosh, so many guys flirted with me when I wore that costume.
Bobbing for apples or pin the hat on the witch?
I have no idea what this question means. Must be an American thing.
How do you celebrate Halloween?
I dress up like something nerdy and go out and get recognised by fellow nerds – it’s awesome!
What’s your least favourite horror?
Literally, all of them (see here).
Do you have a favourite trick or treating memory?
I have none because we don’t do the trick or treat thing here where I live. I guess the crime rate has something (everything) to do with it.
What’s your favourite thing about Halloween?
Scary costume or silly costume?
Silly – or rather nerdy. I would love to get a proper Jedi knight robe and dress up like a Jedi.
What’s your favourite Halloween candy?
If the main ingredient is sugar, it’s my favourite. But in all seriousness, I love chocolate. Combine chocolate with caramel and I’m in heaven.
What’s the Halloween candy that you always traded away as a kid?
Again, it’s difficult to answer this question because we didn’t trick or treat. But, I will say this, I find it disturbing that some people think it’s acceptable to mix chocolate and orange – those are not compatible flavours!
I’m going to break the rules and say that you can nominate yourself in the comment section – I will totally go read your post.
- What’s your favourite thing about October?
- Are you a big celebrator of Halloween?
- What’s your favourite horror movie?
- Would you rather a cosy night in watching horrors or a big night out in a costume?
- Which has been your most favourite costume to date?
- Bobbing for apples or pin the hat on the witch?
- How do you celebrate Halloween?
- What’s your least favourite horror?
- Do you have a favourite trick or treating memory?
- What’s your favourite thing about Halloween?
- Scary costume or Silly costume?
- What’s your favourite Halloween candy?
- What’s something you wish you could change about Halloween?
I love to see how you answer these questions. Hopefully, you have a more exciting Halloween than I usually have.
P.S. If you’d like to contact me, feel free to comment below, send an email to email@example.com, or follow me on Twitter @M_ClutterBox.