It’s almost the start of the third week of 2020 and also week 3 of the Healthy 2020 challenge. You’re probably a little over the hype of the new year and new decade, as well as the ‘new year, new me’ façade on social media. However, you still want to be healthy, right?
That’s why I’m here. Like I said in the previous post, I’m adding in small changes into my lifestyle every week. In that way, the new habits that I form will be easier to keep.
- Week 1: drink 2 litres of water per day
- Week 2: Eat breakfast within one hour of waking up (it could have been any breakfast – didn’t have to be healthy)
Now, week three is also a small change. The only change is to make that breakfast a healthy one.
Breakfast is not something you have to overthink. It can be any number of things:
- 2 eggs (not fried in a ton of oil)
- A banana (or other fruit)
- A healthy smoothie (with fruit, vegetable, or any other healthy option you have at home)
- A protein or energy bar (check the sugar content, though)
- Whey protein (in whatever form)
- Tea/coffee and whole wheat rusks
For any other breakfast ideas, just type “healthy breakfast” into Google, and then you can pick and choose.
The items above are just suggestions. You know what you like, and what you’ll have time to make. Also, it’s preferable that you make your own breakfast at home, because then you have control over what goes into it.
The important thing here is to start thinking about what you’ll eat for breakfast every day so that you can plan accordingly. You’ll have to keep it in mind when you do shopping.
For me, breakfast is easy: oats with bran, and maybe an apple. It’s super easy to make and it keeps me going until my mid-morning snack. But we’ll talk about mid-morning snacks in a later post.
Are you doing the challenge? What do you think so far? Contact details below.
P.S. If you’d like to contact me, feel free to comment below, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or follow me on Twitter @M_ClutterBox.